
So you say its not okay to be gay, well I think you're just evil.
You're just some racist who can't tie my laces, your point of view is medevil.
Daniella Edburg. I love this image, I love the colour used, the contrast of the pink and the yellow makes me think of sickly things and, without being disgusting, vomit. She just looks exhausted, maybe form eating too much cake or, by the looks of her dress and appearance, exhausted from trying to be the 'perfect housewife'. Poor girl, I think she's tried to bake one too many cakes at one time!
The way the table cloth is hanging of the table, and the tea towel clinging for life onto the oven door, both can be seen to represent the way she is draped over the oven. I like the way they flow together across the photograph, from table cloth-to her-to tea towel and back again.
I like the way she is so oddly positioned. How did she ever get underneath a table and then pass out onto an open over door? And surely the oven door is hot? These are the types of things that remind you that it isn't real life, everything you see has been purposely set up and the model has been posed. She is not a documentary photographer where nothing is staged, like Nan Goldin or Richard Billingham. Edburg makes strange decisions sometimes that make you really think about why she made that decision. I love photographers/artists that have that talent.
No comments:
Post a Comment