











Hey! This photographer is awesome. I am ALL about the whole fairytale-esque shoots, they are the best, &she pulls it off so well, with such a clever concept.
I thought I'd better post the rest of the series, as I posted the "Death by Cake" in my 'f*ck you' post a few days ago, &write a little something about them.
The series really appeals to me, as I am forever stuffing my tummy with sweets, chocolate etc! &absolutely loving every minute of it.....until that horrible feeling of fullness kicks in, &then I want to actually die. So, for me, the title is really clever aswell&I completely understand where she is coming from with "Drop Dead Gorgeous".
"that which gives me pleasure one minute, causes guilt the next. I am surprised
at how much i like the products I consume, but, if you stop for one second to
think about it, it's absurd. Yet, you can't stop."
- Daniela Edburg
I particularly enjoy the bright colours in every single shot, but then there is that one shot at the beginning of the series "Death by Oreos" that is very dark, it actually reminds you of death, but is still humorous&fun (especially with the reference to the famous painting of Whistler's mother).
Another thing that is absolutely charming about Edburg, is that she never uses professional models in any of her works, she only uses her friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment